Could you mentor one of our students or recent graduates? Apply here now!
This year, over 600 students have applied to our accredited and award-winning mentoring scheme, to be matched with an alumni mentor who can offer them invaluable support and inspire them to follow their chosen career path.
We are always looking for new alumni mentors who can support in giving our students tailored advice and one-to-one support in order to break into their desired industry after graduation. Even if you feel that you would not be able to offer sector-specific advice to a student, we are always in need of mentors who can provide students with general guidance in setting realistic goals for their professional aspirations beyond University.
We need mentors who:
- Can spare at least 10 hours to mentor a current student for a duration of six months
- Wish to develop their mentoring and communication skills
- Have more than three years of experience in a graduate-level role
- Or have insight into recruitment and selection in this particular industry
Our mentors and students meet for a minimum of 5 mentoring sessions across the six months. We would prefer meetings to be face-to-face where possible and these usually take place at the mentor’s workplace, although space can be made available at the University. However, if you are based internationally or unable to meet, sessions can also take place through Skype or a telephone call. The mentoring partnership will involve a minimum of 10 hours of your time.
Can you, or any of your contacts help? If so, please do complete this mentor application form.
What happens after I complete the application form?
Once we receive your application, we shall endeavour to match you to a relevant student mentee. Where this is not possible, we shall match you at a point in the coming months when a suitable student match becomes available.
If you have any questions about being a mentor and would like to discuss this with a member of the Mentoring Team please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 020 3506 4670.
Latest posts by Jenny Stubberfield (see all)
- Key updates to the Career Mentoring Scheme 2019/20 - 5 September2019
- Join a Westminster Employability Advisory Board - 12 August2019
- Exclusive discount at the Regent Street Cinema - 12 August2019