London & SE BIM Regions Series 15/16
As chair of the London BIM Region, fABE Senior Lecturer Rob Garvey, together with BIM Regions Chair John Eynon, has curated the forthcoming London and SE BIM Regions series of events on Implementing BIM. Each event involves four speakers from industry making a brief presentation and then participating in question time.
The emphasis is on information management and aimed at enabling BIM beginners to gain confidence in understanding what BIM is and ultimately what needs to happen to successfully implement BIM in an organisation or a project.
The events are applicable to all built environment professionals, however places are limited and registration is required. All events will take place between 6pm and 8pm at the Marylebone Campus, University of Westminster.
The format for each event will involve a variety of experts with different perspectives of BIM, who will make a brief presentations, filmed by The B1M, and a subsequent Q&A Session. Pre-reading material will be posted in advance and a scenario set after the event followed by a Twitter Chat.
- 14 October 2015: What is BIM?
- 11 November 2015: Why Adopt BIM?
- 9 December 2015: How to Implement BIM
- 20 January 2016: What is the right software to adopt?
- 10 February 2016: How to effectively manage data?
- March 2016: What are the contractual implications of BIM?
- 23 March 2016: What is Level 3 BIM?