A key aspect of the London & SE BIM Regions BIM Series is to engage the learner by encouraging participation both before and after the event itself.
This is the first post event scenario; you are to consider the question below and then participate in the Twitter Storm tonight between 7pm and 8pm using #beginBIM.
“What should be the priorities for adopting BIM within an AEC organisation?“
You should consider:
- What are your objectives?
- What activity needs to be undertaken?
- Who is responsible for undertaking these activities?
- What are the priorities?
This lecture is CPD certified
Speaker: Nigel Cole, Mace Group
Date: 27 March
Location: MG14, University of Westminster – View Map
Nigel will review the challenges and lessons learnt from the construction of the UK’s tallest structure, The Shard. His talk will cover:
- Construction techniques utilised on the Shard including top-down core construction and prefabrication
- Overcoming the logistical difficulties/site constraints of a major building project in central London
- Engineering a vertical city – producing a tall building that provides maximum benefit to users
- The technology used to facilitate a collaborative working environment
Need evidence of attending this event to go towards gaining or maintaining your chartered or professional status? No problem, just let us know when you sign in at the event and we can send you a certificate of attendance.