With just under two years to go until the London 2012 Games, the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) has launched the official Games Maker programme. This marks the start of the process to recruit up to 70,000 volunteers who will make the London 2012 Games happen: Games Makers.
Volunteering at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. LOCOG will recruit volunteers from across the UK – from a range of communities and backgrounds. The selection process will be transparent, open and fair.
If you’re selected to be a London 2012 Games Maker, you will be vital to the Games, representing the UK and delivering services that are essential for a successful and inspirational event. You will have the opportunity to use and develop your skills and play a key role in one of the largest and most memorable events ever to be held in the UK.
- The main benefit of volunteering is the chance to play an integral role in one of the most exciting events ever seen in the UK.
- The Games will provide a unique and inspirational setting for volunteers to gain experience and develop their skills.
How to apply
You can apply online at london2012.com/volunteering from 15 September.
In the meantime, why not take the Games Maker challenge to find out if you’ve got what it takes to be a Games Maker?
For more information about being a Games Maker, visit www.london2012.com/volunteering.
Latest posts by Berekhet Berakhy (see all)
- Another reason for volunteering…. - 28 March 2017
- Boost your employability with Unity for Global Development - 22 March 2017
- Volunteering Fair 2017: ‘A very nice surprise!’ - 27 February 2017