In addition to the mentoring schemes offered by the Career Development Centre, The Business Experience Team (BET) offer a mentoring programme for Full-Time International Postgraduate and MBA students in their first semester. This is a four month programme to help Westminster Business School international students gain an insight into UK working practices and policies.
Duration of programme: From January to April 2015
Who can apply: Full-Time International Postgraduate WBS and MBA students in their first semester
Application deadline: 20 October 2014
What is Mentoring?
• Mentoring is a two-way relationship which meets a professional development need.
• A mentor facilitates personal and professional growth in an individual by sharing the knowledge and insights that have been learned through the years.
• ‘A voluntary, mutually beneficial and purposeful relationship in which an individual gives time to support another to enable them to make changes in their life’. The Mentoring Befriending Foundation (2014/5)
Who is it for?
• Full-Time International (Non EU) Postgraduate and MBA students who have begun their course in September 2014
• Westminster Business School students only
What does the programme include?
• We will match you with a senior professional from your field of expertise to give you an insight into British working practices and policies
• Our mentors typically offer 3 – 4 hours of their time over a 4 month period to one of our Postgraduate/MBA students
How to Apply
Please follow the 3 stages below:
1. Complete the Online Application Form
2. Download the Code of Conduct Form via the Blackboard site: ‘Postgraduate and MBA Internships, Mentoring and Consultancy Programmes (WBS)’. All full-time Postgraduate and MBA students studying at WBS are automatically registered onto the Blackboard site and should have access to it.
3. Email your CV and completed Code of Conduct Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that the title of your email is as follows: Mentoring Application – First Name Surname (e.g. Mentoring Application – Mark Walker)
What happens next?
Providing you meet our eligibility criteria and submit a fully completed application form, please ensure that you attend the Mentoring Information Evening on Thursday 23rd October at 6:00pm on the Marylebone Campus