The role potentially starts towards the end of June 2016 and lasts until December 2016. The six months will be split between 2 students working 2 days, preferably consecutive, per week (14 hours flexi).
Learning and Work Institute is looking for an enterprising individual to join its events team. This is primarily a support role, days will be busy and varied with a mixture of event management tasks. Working in a small team you must demonstrate a willingness to pitch in where necessary while keeping sight of the long-term objectives. The position will give hands-on experience and a good understanding of a successful event department. Based at our offices in Vauxhall, this six-month placement based 2 days per week is unpaid but includes reasonable travel expenses and a lunch allowance.
For more details about Learning and Work Institute and the conference and events we run place visit their website.
This placement will suit those studying events management, communications and marketing courses.
- Techniques in digital marketing
- Using MS Office to create branded signage and marketing
- Maintaining web content
- Marketing through social media and networks
- Brand awareness – we are undergoing a rebrand in January so this is an exciting period to observe corporate brand concerns and how this impacts the look of our event portfolio.
- Onsite experience – front of house customer service
Apply by sending a CV direct to the Head of Events, Mintra Sadler at email@example.com by 5pm 17 June 2016.
Start date: Flexible June, 2016.
Deadline for applications: 17 June 2016, 5pm.
Latest posts by ovsepo (see all)
- Faculty of Science and Technology Volunteering/Work Experience Fair 2016/2017 - 19 October 2016
- Calling all Creative and Entrepreneurial Students- Volunteer with Alcohol Concern - 19 October 2016
- First Fair Down, Plenty To Go - 13 October 2016