The British Film Institute (BFI) and Radio Times TV Festival is looking for a team of enthusiastic and committed volunteers to help us during our first television film festival between Friday 7 – Sunday 9 April 2017.
We are looking for people who have a strong interest in TV, who are enthusiastic, efficient, self-motivated and want to get some experience in events and customer service. This is a great opportunity to learn how a busy festival is run, and you will have plenty of opportunity to enjoy various events during the festival that can count towards V-Inspired volunteer hours.
The post requires working flexible hours, with some early mornings, late evening and weekend work. You will be based at BFI Southbank and/or BFI IMAX (nearest station is Waterloo).
Volunteers will be expected to have a thorough knowledge of the festival programme and will be required to project a positive representation of the BFI whenever engaged in dialogue with external contacts.
- To act as a source of information and guidance to festival attendees, manning the festival information desk.
- Direct customers to screening rooms, reception areas, ticketing points and all BFI public areas.
- Support the Visitor Services Management (VSM) in ushering audiences and assisting with roving mic duties during Q&A discussions when required.
- Looking after guest speakers and VIPs as instructed by the Volunteers Manager/BFI Events team.
- To undertake any other duties that may be required.
- To be an ambassador for the BFI through maintaining a professional approach at all times.
We will ask you to work between 1-3 days of the festival from 10am – 10pm (working in shifts with other volunteers). You will also be given lunch and refreshments throughout the day and contribution towards travel costs.
Closing date for applications is 20th March. Successful candidates will need to be available to attend an introductory meeting on Wednesday 29 March.
Please note, this is an unpaid voluntary position.
With over 35 new vacancies every week, always check Engage for brand new volunteering opportunities.
If you need any further help please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.