Our schemes are designed to widen your aspirations and enhance your personal effectiveness. By sharing knowledge and insights gained through the years, you have the chance to learn about opportunities available in specific career areas. With the help of your mentors, you will build a solid foundation of skills from which to launch a variety of successful careers.
As a student on the scheme, you will be required to meet with your mentor for a minimum of 5 sessions (6 sessions on the NMC scheme) between November and June, usually at the mentor’s workplace. By having a mentor on our scheme you will be given the opportunity to gain a positive role model who will be able to help and guide you to reach your potential. You will benefit from:
- Acquiring an understanding of the professional world
- Gaining insight into chosen career areas
- Increasing your professional network
- Developing your employability skills
- Building your self-confidence
For more information on the scheme, please visit the Mentoring Schemes Webpage.
We offer 2 thriving mentoring schemes, which offer the same mentoring experience and combined networking and celebration events, with minor differences in the initial training and how the schemes are administered.
1. The Career Development Centre (CDC) Mentoring Scheme is open to all University of Westminster students.
2. The National Mentoring Consortium’s (NMC) Undergraduate Ethnic Minority Scheme is open to home or EU undergraduate students who come from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background. As a positive action under the Equalities Act (2010), it aims to promote equality and diversity in graduate recruitment.
You can now apply for these schemes here: https://engage.westminster.ac.uk/Form.aspx?id=442026
The application deadline is Thursday 5th October – places on the scheme are limited so apply early to secure your place!
Postgraduate International Student Mentoring Scheme
If you are an international postgraduate or MBA student studying at Westminster Business School, you can also apply for the Postgraduate International Student Mentoring Scheme. Please note that you can only participate in one mentoring scheme during the academic year. For more information, please visit the PG and MBA International Mentoring Webpage.