This week, we will be posting three blogs as part of our Arrivals Week to celebrate the diversity at this university and join in the excitement of our newly arrived students.If you’ve missed out on Day 1 from this blog series, please click here to read it. A warm welcome to a university that, besides every other excellent thing, was ranked the most diverse university in the UK and whose alumni include famous people, such as Vivienne Westwood!
Today I spoke with Dimitra in the spacious and beautifully designed Old Gymnasium, Regent’s campus (which, by the way, marked the beginning of the Westminster story in 1838!), where the fair was taking place.
What is your name, where are you from and what are you going to study here at Westminster?
Hi, my name is Dimitra, I am from Cyprus and I will be studying English Literature and Language.
Welcome, Dimitra, to The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, where you can study all types of exciting courses. From sociology and psychology to criminology and law!
Why did you choose Westminster?
Oh, this is an easy one! I chose the University of Westminster for 3 reasons in particular:
- One, its campus is the closest one to where my grandmother lives, so I get to be close to family.
- Two, Westminster actually has a really good reputation in my home-country, Cyprus, for its employability. Also, it is one of the very few universities, which degree would be accepted back home should I decide to go work there once I graduate.
- And three, compared to the other universities that I checked online, Westminster seemed like the most interesting one!
That is really good to hear! We actually do have some representatives abroad as we are truly proud of how diverse we are and always work hard on maintaining a good relationship with our partners abroad.
What is your dream job?
I would really love to work in Translation or do anything that gets to help people.
Aw, that is really nice of you! Good luck with everything and please don’t forget that the Careers and Employability Services team is always here to support you every step of the way to getting that dream job!
A big thank you to the lovely Dimitra for being part of this blog series. If you are attending Arrivals week tomorrow (Marylebone), come and ask for the #Lucky3 hashtag at the Careers&Employability Services stand for a chance to be featured in our #WestminsterIsUs blogs this week! Also, please do follow us on Twitter and Facebook in order to stay up-to-date with the latest job opportunities, blogs, competitions etc!
Latest posts by Anna Dolidze (see all)
- Employability Diary – Health and Well-being with Cherry Goh - 15 March 2019
- Employability Diary with Clare Adams (Part 2) - 8 March 2019
- Skills Academy: Is disclosing my disability to an employer a good idea? - 5 February 2019