Stand out from the crowd with this top employability competition
Are you a Westminster Business School Student?
Do you want to increase your competitiveness in gaining employment and make your mark?
Then get involved in The Universities Business Challenge (UBC), the world’s leading event for employability and enterprise skills! Remember, each of your choices shape your future career.
What is the Universities Business Challenge?
The Universities Business Challenge is the longest simulation-based competition for undergraduate students. UBC seeks to enhance your entrepreneurial skills as well as employability skills by giving you the opportunity to work as a board of directors in a realistic, simulated company. Over 100 universities across the UK will compete in teams of up to 5 members. You will be taking critical decisions that affect the company’s performance by considering key business areas including production, finance, pricing, marketing and HR. Indeed, it is an invaluable experience especially if you would like to start your own business in the future!
This year also sees the launch of the new Global Masters Postgraduate Challenge.
Why take part?
- Learn the key points of running a business and stand out of the crowd
- Gain confidence & self-awareness of your strengths and weaknesses
- Improve your team work & problem solving skills
- Boost your reputation – the competition is supported by global employers including IBM
How to apply:
The University have paid for 6 undergraduate and 1 postgraduate teams to take part in the challenge this year.
If your application has been successful your team leader will be contacted in the week commencing Monday 22nd October 2018
Should you have any questions on the challenge or your application please contact the University’s Business Experience Team (email@example.com).
Deadline for applications: 5pm Friday 19th October 2018
Latest posts by Anna Dolidze (see all)
- Farewell to the Employability Diary with Nina’s top advice! - 18 April 2019
- Employability Diary – Mailis Merisalu - 12 April 2019
- Your Careers Service and You: Free Careers Support, Guest Blog Opportunity and More - 1 April 2019