This is a programme for all students, which aims to link you with professionals to enhance your employability through confidence building, networking and development of the key skills all employers seek. It is also a chance for you to learn about the opportunities available in specific career areas.

You will meet with your mentor once or twice a month between November and April, usually at the mentor’s workplace, although space can be made available at the university. The mentoring partnership will involve a minimum of 12 hours of your time.

With support from your mentor, you will draw up a Learning Contract setting out the objectives for the scheme, and how you can achieve them. The aim is to build a mutually supportive relationship, with objectives that could include;

• Improvement in study skills
  • Building self confidence
  • Time management
  • Communication skills

You will be invited to attend an induction session, where you will be introduced to your mentor. We also hope you will feed back to us at regular intervals and we also organise a celebration evening to mark the end of the scheme in April/May.

For more details and an application form, please contact:

Frances Gow, Careers Consultant

Career Development Centre
Cavendish House, 1st Floor, 101 New Cavendish Street,

London, W1W 6XH,

+44 (0)20 3506 6097,

f.gow@westminster.ac.uk

Berekhet Berakhy

Berekhet Berakhy

Berekhet engages students and third sector organisations to explore volunteering, voluntary work and social enterprise for the mutual benefit of personal, professional and community development. Through this role, Berekhet contributes to achievement of the University’s CSR’s key objectives linked to Community Engagement, Students’ Employability and Experience.
Berekhet Berakhy

Comments

• Hi,

My name is Jennifer Anafi-Acquah, I am a second year student at Westminster studying Biomedical Science, based at the Cavendish site.
    I am very interested in this mentoring scheme and would like to know how I can apply.
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards
    Jennifer

• Hello. The link to this page (from a general email to all students) states:

University of Westminster Mentoring Scheme
    This is a programme for all students, which aims to link you with professionals to enhance your employability . . .

Yet clicking on the link in the above message to Jennifer from Christine Louder, opens a page with the title:

Mentoring scheme for ethnic minority undergraduates

Bit confusing? How can you claim “this is a programme for all students”, when it appears it’s for “ethnic minority undergraduates”?

• Dear Peter,

Thank you for your query and apologies for any confusion. We are running two mentoring schemes, one aimed at ethnic minority undergraduate students and a new scheme for all students. If you would like to apply for either, please email f.gow@westminster.ac.uk , indicating which programme you are interested in.

• hi, i am a second year law student. this scheme has interested very much.

when is the deadline for applications?

also i cannot seem to tick the boxes on the application form, is it ok if i colour the box black?

please reply soon.

• Hi Forida,

Thanks for your interest in the scheme. My colleague Frances Gow manages the mentoring schemes, and applications. She will be in the office tomorrow, and I will ask her to contact you regarding the form and the deadline for applications.

• Dear Christine

I submitted my application during the summer for the ethic minority undergraduate students’ scheme, I have not heard anything. Could you please let me know when student should expect to hear if their application has been successful?

• Dear Karla,

Thank you for your enquiry. My colleague Frances Gow manages the mentoring schemes, and applications. She will be in the office tomorrow, and I will ask her to contact you regarding your application.

• Hello, I am a second year psychology student and I am very interested in this scheme, I wanted to know when the deadline is?

• Hi

I was very sick and in hospital when your message was sent.

Is it possible for me to get involved?

Kind regards

Andria

• Hi Andria,

Sorry to hear you have been unwell. The scheme is now underway for this year and so you won’t be able to join this intake. However the scheme will be running again in the next academic year and we will be blogging more information about this in August/September – so watch this space! If you would like more information about the scheme itself, you may wish to email Frances Gow at f.gow@westminster.ac.uk, the Careers Consultant here who manages the scheme.

Kind regards

Christine Louder
      Careers Information Manager