The organization Set Fashion Free are currently looking for volunteers to help out with the Black History Month Independence Day Fair and Parade. This opportunity is open to those under the age of 25.
- Young People are needed to take part in the BHM Parade and dress up as a black person significant them past, present or future. An example of looking to the future might be a young person dressing and inventing the character of the first female black prime minister.
- They are also looking for young people who may be interested in making up small plays perhaps only 5 minutes long that depict historical moments in Nigerian or Somalian history
- Young People are also needed to model African clothing or have their own designs that they would like to showcase during the day
The aim of the event will be to –
– celebrate Somalian and Nigerian 50th year of independence
– bring together these two communities who rarely interact
– educate the general public about aspects of African culture
– provide a platform for young people to be involved and identify with aspects of black culture and heritage
Here is Set Fashion Free’s website if you want to learn more about the work that they do:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Holly – email@example.com 07787394008
Latest posts by Berekhet Berakhy (see all)
- The 18th Annual Scholarship Reception – Celebrating Excellence and Diversity - 11/11/2019
- What it takes to work in Mental Health and Wellbeing - 23/10/2019
- Coca-Cola & Sustainability - 23/10/2019