Want to get involved in one of the University of Westminster’s most rewarding sustainability projects? Applications have now opened for Green Impact Project Assistants – a volunteering opportunity which allows students to gain useful employability skills for their CV.
Green Impact is an exciting, nationwide scheme which encourages pro-environmental behaviour in university staff, for more details visit: www.green-impact.org.uk/about.
Green Impact Project Assistants will gain transferable skills which will look good on their CV and increase their knowledge of environmental practices in departments across the institution.
Becoming a Green Impact Project Assistant will also improve your employment opportunities in a highly competitive job market.
Some of the many benefits include:
- Insight into effective behaviour change methods and environmental issues at the university
- Increased employability skills for after university
- Experience of working on a national project in a professional environment
- Knowledge of environmental management techniques of offices and academic institutions
- Project management and leadership experience
- Opportunity to meet like minded people and work to create effective change
Be inspired to take action on creating a sustainable future for everyone!
Violette Sarrazy, a former Green Impact Project Assistant, said ‘Being a Green Impact Project Assistant, gave me excellent experience of working in a professional environment, gaining skills in environmental auditing and working within a team to implement exciting sustainability changes within staff departments. I would highly recommend this experience to any student wishing to further their professional development and help the University go green.’
If your application is successful, we would like you to attend a GIPA training session on December 5th from 2pm to 4pm, room CG.02, 115 New Cavendish Street. Food and refreshments will be provided. Please confirm your availability for the training when emailing your form.
To apply for the post, please read the role description below and email your completed application form to the Green Impact Project Co-ordinator Mr Alex Fountain (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday November 30th at midnight.
Latest posts by Alina Benyaminova (see all)
- Caring for the Environment: Justice, Faith and You - 06/03/2017
- Upcoming Dr. Bike sessions - 30/01/2017
- Get Involved in Human Library Event at Regent Library - 24/01/2017