In London schools, 1 in 3 children from low income backgrounds will leave school with no qualifications. Team Up want you to join our leadership programme to make this a thing of the past.
We are looking for exceptional university students at Westminster University to join Team Up. You’ll participate in our Leadership Programme where you will:
- Learn leadership and teaching skills
- Apply these by tutoring children from low income backgrounds
- Develop and use Team Up’s networks to increase your chances of securing competitive internships and graduate opportunities
95% of participants who joined our programme in 2015 felt it helped them gain professional skills and experience – some even secured graduate jobs with our partner employers.
As a Team Up tutor, you’ll access advice and experience from top employers in a range of industries to be able to unlock future graduate roles – past employer partners have included Lloyds Bank, Norton Rose Fulbright, Ark Teacher Training and Severn Trent. You’ll also access exclusive seminars on leadership, public speaking, relationship building and productivity, to build the crucial transferable skills you need to boost your employability.
Above all, your leadership will make a lasting difference to the lives of disadvantaged children across London. Last year, pupils receiving Team Up tuition improved by an average of 15% in English and Maths over 12 weeks.
Apply now – our deadline for Autumn opportunities is 20th September 2016, but places are filling up fast so get your application in!
- Start your journey here: http://teamup.org.uk/how-it-works/our-students/apply/apply-now. If you have any questions about your application, please contact Holly at email@example.com.
Latest posts by Berekhet Berakhy (see all)
- Team Westminster Volunteers’ Fair 2018 - 22/05/2018
- Westminster Extracurricular Achievements Survey 2018 - 17/04/2018
- Volunteering opportunities to brighten your Christmas and New Year! - 22/11/2017