West Trans and the London Cycling Campaign have been in touch to thank everyone who took part in their London By Cycle event at the Harrow Freshers Fair. The event was a great success – one participant said:
“Having moved from Saudi Arabia, where everybody drives, for my studies, it wad amaxing to get the opportunity to trial bicycles and even get a free 1-2-1 cycle training session on campus!”
Missed the event but want to learn more about cycling services at Harrow? Here’s a little more information about all the local cycle services in your area:
Want to start cycling?
- FREE Cycle Training: Harrow Council offers if you live, work or study in Harrow. The training ranges from complete beginners, to urban training up to advanced session. If you were interested in attending a women’s only cycle training session you can also book here
- Cheap 2nd Hand Bikes available from London Bike Hub starting at just £50.00. Also Bicycle Cash & Carry on Kenton Lane sell 2nd hand bikes. Make sure to get a decent lock and lock your bicycle correctly to keep it secure at all times
Good luck with your University studies from London Cycling Campaign! Remember that many bike shops offer student discounts and think how much the bike could save you ££ in the long run. From campus there’s an easy route into town along the car free canal 🙂
You can find a friendly Bikeworks Engineer at Harrow from 11:00am on the 19th of October to provide a safety check session free of charge to make sure you’re cycling safely!
Dr Bike Sessions – free bike maintenance at uni
The next Dr Bike dates/locations at University of Westminster running from 11-1pm are:
- Marylebone – Thursday 12 Oct, Thursday 9 November (9:30-11:30)
- New Cavendish Street – Thursday 5 Oct, Thursday 2 November
- Harrow – Thursday 16 November