Attention photographers! The National Union of Students have partnered with A Focus on Nature to run a nature photography competition open to anyone currently in further or higher education in the UK. Now is your chance for the shutterbugs among you to demonstrate their skills and gain industry exposure along with some nifty prizes!
As if that wasn’t enough, your entries will be judged by some leading names in the world of wildlife photography and film-making:
Gordon Buchanan – BBC Wildlife Presenter and Filmmaker
Stephen Moss – BBC producer, journalist and author
Mark Edwards – a world-renowned photographer who has worked with UNEP and Greenpeace
Jack Perks – an A Focus on Nature member who has gone on to national acclaim as an underwater photographer, specialising in UK fish species
The prizes include:
- Overall first place – £250 worth of Amazon vouchers, Opticron binoculars worth £200 and a Wex Photography voucher of £50 – totalling a whopping £500 of prizes!
- Category winners – each category winner will receive a pair of Opticron binoculars worth £200!
- Second place for each category – all three category runners up will receive a £50 Amazon Voucher
- First, second and third place for each category will be exhibited at the RSPB flagship reserve at Minsmere this summer!
So maybe you’ve got a few lucky snaps from a time you happened across something beautiful or crazy happening in the natural world, and if not, then what are you waiting for? The sun is shining (at the time of writing) so get out there and get that prize-winning shot!
You’ve got until the 13th of May to get your snaps in here.
Latest posts by Cormac Cleary (see all)
- Cycling Facilities at the University of Westminster - 03/09/2018
- The University of Westminster has banned plastic straws and plastic cutlery - 01/08/2018
- Earth Overshoot Day - 24/07/2018