Why is it important to get involved?
These are challenging times for all of us to be living in, and it is more important than ever to provide support for our most vulnerable and join the fight in slowing the spread of the Coronavirus. Many organisations are looking for remote support, which means you can still make a difference while respecting the government advice to avoid travel and stay home.
How can I get involved?
If you’re interested in getting involved and helping your community, there are a number of organisations that are looking for volunteers, from the NHS to the Red Cross – just click on the links below for more information!
- How You Can Help Harrow: this is a comprehensive list of organisations and initiatives that are currently looking for help in the Harrow area.
- NHS Volunteer Responders: the NHS is looking for volunteers to provide care or to help a vulnerable person through a number of different roles.
- Red Cross Community Reserve Volunteers: Red Cross Community Reserve Volunteers help local communities get back on track during and after crisis periods.
- Hammersmith & Fulham Community Aid Network: Hammersmith & Fulham is creating a taskforce of local community charities designed to help support vulnerable local residents and needs volunteers to support this.
- Covid-19 Mutual Aid UK: A group of volunteers connecting vulnerable people to local community organisations that could provide support, they provide necessary support to the community.
Looking for more advice and guidance?
Our team has written a few blog posts to help guide you through this stressful time.
to read our tips for keeping up your well-being and mental health while practising social distancing at home.
Or have a read of, which provides some advice on how you can stay safe while helping others.
As always, please followregarding coronavirus.