All classrooms will have the new standard AV and IT including:
- Adjustable lectern
- Touch screen PC
- Data projector and screen (or screens depending on size of room)
- Microphone and speakers
- Recording capability (slides plus audio)
- Connectivity on the lectern (via HDMI and VGA cable) for laptops
In addition all rooms are planned to have Reflector installed in them which allows tutors and students (with the tutors permission) to wirelessly mirror the display from laptops, tablets and mobile phones to the main projection screen(s) in the room.
- Rooms will be fitted with dimmable lighting that people should be able to make work
- There will be normal clocks (i.e. not digital so with hands) and there will be 2 in each room
- It will be possible where there are multiple screens in a room to turn off the screens independently of one another
- It will be possible to raise the projection screen at the front and turn off the data projector display without shutting the whole system down
- There will be a lecturer’s desk and chair in each classroom (note that the rooms refurbished last year will also be retro equipped with these)
- Telephones will not be on the lectern but on the wall
- Power sockets will be around the walls at a ratio of 1 per 2 students. The power sockets will also have USB charging ports
- We will not have writing walls but there will be as many whiteboards in a room as is feasible
- In rooms with plectrum tables there will be a whiteboard for each table and tables and whiteboards will be colour coded
Unfortunately we are not able to accommodate the suggestion made by a group of staff at the furniture exhibition that there should be refrigerated drinks cabinets under each lectern. Maybe next year:-)
Post the furniture exhibition and collation of the feedback received, and after consultation with designated Faculty representatives, furniture has been ordered for each room. To see details of what furniture options are going in to each room please use the links below.
At long last, after the furniture exhibition and quite a lot of other consultation, a programme has been agreed for classrooms to be ‘done’ over the Summer as phase 2 of the 5 year programme to refurbish and modernise all standard classrooms across the estate.
You can use the links below to find out which rooms are being worked on over this Summer as part of this programme and the scheduled date for completion of each room.