New Classroom Drop In Sessions
As most of you know, as part of the Classroom Refurbishment Programme, the University upgraded the AV/IT equipment, furniture and other features in thirty seven rooms across five sites, over the Summer, after upgrading twenty two last year.
The Educational Technology Team ran six drop in sessions to show these rooms and give you a chance to use the equipment before the academic year started.
Thank you all very much for coming and getting in touch about the sessions and what’s new in the rooms. In all, we met with more than one hundred people across five sites and it was great to hear your questions, feedback and show you the flexible learning spaces.
Example of a new classroom: Regent Street: RS350
In case you couldn’t make it to one of the drop in sessions, here’s what we covered:
- Brief overview of the Classroom Refurbishment Programme
- Using the adjustable lectern and touch screen PC
- Using the new control panel to set what is shown and the audio in the classroom
- Using the visualiser
- Quick overview of Panopto and how to record from different sources
- Connecting laptops or mobile devices via the lectern cables or Reflector
- Tour of some new rooms, with the opportunity to try the equipment
Thank you also for sharing your experience and ideas of teaching in the new flexible learning spaces. If you’re timetabled to teach in one of the rooms, members of the Educational Technology Team will be around to give you support and show you how to use the equipment during the first two weeks of term.
We would also love to hear from you if you attended a drop in session, would like more information about the equipment, or plan to use the new technology or collaborative furniture in your teaching.
You can get in touch with us by email here: email@example.com.
The Educational Technology Team wishes you and your students a good start of term.