Alena Burova, Producer in LA

Posted on: 30 July 2014
By:
Comments Off on Alena Burova, Producer in LA
Filed under: Graduate news

Alena Burova

Alena Burova graduated from CMP in 2012 before moving to Los Angeles where she obtained a certificate in Film and TV producing.

After working for Hollywood top independent production companies such as Voltage Pictures and Emmett/Furla/Oasis, Alena has founded the production company Wiseworld Entertainment, partnering with award-nominated French Director/Producer Geoffroy Faugérolas.

Alena states: “the mission of Wiseworld Entertainment is to develop and produce entertaining, eclectic, meaningful and high-quality movies that attract a wide variety of audiences around the world.”

While attending CMP at University of Westminster Alena produced the compelling short drama Deadpoint. Directed by Milad Latoof, this graduation film tells the story of a soldier caught in the Iran-Iraq war of the 1980s.

Since she settled in the United States, Alena has to date produced more than five Award-nominated films, including Limbo, The Tsarevich starring Mark Moses (Desperate Housewives), Memoire starring Dean Winters (Oz) and Alice which is being developed as a feature-film.

The Tsarevich, prod. Alena Burova, dir. Geoffroy Faugerolas

The Tsarevich, prod. Alena Burova

Alena writes: “I recently registered our company in New York, Wiseworld Entertainment. We are developing our music video and commercials department for short term plans. We are also continuing to develop a feature film. Hollywood is very tough and the cinema industry is very competitive, but I always remember the rules you taught me, which are confidence & persistence.”

“Without the support and guidance of the CMP staff I wouldn’t have been able to pursue my dream career in producing. The CMP course gave me all the necessary tools to work my way through different aspects of the Entertainment business and it’s a choice that changed my life.”

Alena’s progress since graduation has been very impressive and we are immensely proud of her achievements. We wish her and her business partners all the best with their ventures.