Man United international student bloggers

January was the coldest month since I moved here 4 months ago; probably the lowest temperatures I have ever experienced in my life having grown up in sunny South Africa. My plan for winter was to hibernate until going back to Uni at the end of January but the realisation that I only have a few months left in London and that I will soon be inundated with coursework and dissertation deadlines made me get up and thrive; cold weather and all.

The emmaculate pitch, where the action happens

So two weeks ago my Scholarship, Chevening arranged tickets for scholars to visit the home of Man United Football club; Old Trafford stadium and the National Football Museum both in Manchester. Look, I am not a football fan, but when you are in England you can’t help but get sucked into the sport, even if just out of curiosity.

During the tour we saw the football field, the changing rooms, walked through the tunnel onto the field (with simulated crowd cheers and all). A stop at the National Football Museum was fascinating and every football fan should visit it at least once in their lifetime.

“Walk of fame” through the tunnel onto the pitch
With Chevening scholars from various UK universities

I highly recommend this expedition; for fans and people looking for a day out of London. One of the best things about London is the efficient transport system; you can get anywhere, anytime at a relatively low cost; so make the most of your coach and railway cards.

National Football museum…entrance is free!

Dear London, I’m in love with you and I can’t wait for more adventures during February –  the month of love, shortest month of the year and hopefully the last month of winter!