Kaz Rodriguez, drummer and Westminster School of Media, Arts and Design alumnus landed the cover of Rhythm magazine.

Commenting on being the cover star, Kaz Rodriguez, who graduated from Commercial Music BA said: “Being on the cover is a dream come true, all these years I’ve looked up to magazines like Rhythm. To be given this opportunity has really been a break I’ll never forget.”

When speaking about his experience at Westminster, Kaz said: “Westminster has been a true foundation in my path, I’ve learned so much about myself as a drummer/composer and a business man. Learning my art was one thing but to discipline myself really helped me grow and shape my character for the big world. Thank you for the support from Hussein Boon and for believing in me.”

Kaz is a session drummer, programmer and music arranger. He is a Tama International Artist and has worked with musicians such as Jessie Ware.

Founded in 1985, Rhythm is the UK’s best-selling drum and percussion magazine made by drummers, for drummers. Each issue features interviews with the world’s greatest drummers, the latest gear and a comprehensive tuition section featuring lessons, guest masterclasses and play alongs.

Learn more about studying Commercial Music BA at University of Westminster.

Watch Kaz Rodriguez play drums for Rhythm magazine below.