George Mindanoh graduated with Public Relations MA in 2011. He is now doing a PhD at the University of Kent about the effectiveness of students’ feedback and engagement at UK universities.

During his Public Relations MA course George completed two internships at ActionAid UK and Agency for Co-operation and Research in Development (ACORD) which he said “offered him a valuable PR experience”.

After graduating from Westminster School of Media, Arts and Design George returned to Malawi and resumed his role as Senior PR Officer for Malawi Council for the Handicapped.

He returned to UK in 2012, and after trying out various jobs, he developed a research proposal, and received a PhD studentship by the University of Kent.

George shared that many of his classmates are doing well and making impact in the PR industry, he advised:

“I would encourage current students to keep working hard and to continue pursuing their dreams. We are our own enemies and stumbling blocks so there’s nothing you can’t achieve in life, including coming up with your own world-class PR firm.”

George said he had “terrific time” at Westminster:

“I developed and improved a lot as a person and as a professional. I learned how to be innovative, and to think outside the box and question my own decisions. I would not hesitate to go through the Westminster experience again if I were given a chance to.”

Learn more about studying Public Relations MA at University of Westminster.