Katie Ann McGuigan, Fashion Design BA Honours alumna, received the Absolute Prize For The Most Creative Collection at MittelModa competition on 20 June in Italy.

Created in 1993, Mittelmoda is one of the oldest and most respected international fashion competitions for young talents. Over 600 art and design schools in more than 55 countries entered this year. At the awards ceremony in Milan, Katie was presented with the award by Mittelmoda International Lab and Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana with the contribution of the main sponsor Lectra.

When speaking about her success, Katie said: “Showing six looks from my AW17 collection in Milan at Mittelmoda was an incredible honour. The press, judges and everyone involved gave great feedback, resulting in my win of the most Creative Collection award, which I am thrilled about. I am extremely grateful for the support from Westminster and especially Andrew Groves, enabling me to create my collections and continuing to be ambitious with my future work.”

Born in Ireland Katie moved to London to study fashion at Westminster. She gained invaluable experience while on the course by working for Alexander McQueen in London and Marc Jacobs in New York, designing prints for both menswear and womenswear collections as well working on embroidery and embellishment placements for their collections.

She is currently working on her next collection which will be shown at London Fashion Week 2017 in September.