Marcel Klebba, graduated from the University of Westminster with a degree in PR & Advertising, now works for M&C Saatchi PR as a Junior Account Executive. I briefly interviewed him about his time at the University of Westminster and tips for those studying at the moment. He gave some great inspiration and insights in the quick fire round – read into them as you like.

What are you doing now? Give us a brief overview of the work you do

Shortly before graduating, I landed a job at the Soho-based M&C Saatchi PR. I work across the corporate, technology and B2B clients. My role is incredibly varied. The day-to-day activities can include anything from writing press releases and by-lines, through running social media channels for the clients, to engaging with journalists.

What was the most rewarding part of studying PR & Advertising at the University of Westminster?

Being able to pitch my ideas for a campaign to the panel of experts! It that helped me build confidence in the skills built throughout the university years. It was a rewarding test of my abilities. I also thoroughly enjoyed debating, despite the challenging aspect of this task.

What advice would you give current students studying under the media umbrella?

Read as much as you can. Read widely; anything that interest you, but getting out of comfort zone and picking up magazines you wouldn’t normally go for can be beneficial. Writing is a huge part of any media role – write on a daily basis.

QUICK FIRE

3 words to describe the University of Westminster

Exciting, diverse, challenging.

most important thing in being successful in your course

Staying curious.

best tip for pitching to a panel

Know what you are talking about. Be confident.

the best tip for networking

It is not about you. Ask questions, listen, build rapport.

Find out more about the PR & Advertising course at The University of Westminster