Let Battle Commence!

Bloomberg Financial Suite

So it’s the end of week one and I somehow feel like the proverbial nut which has been cracked by the hammer!

After the lovely meander which should be referred to as ‘induction week’ I am now knee deep in the real business of the MBA.

It had all started out at such a sedate pace: book collection, schedules, interactive group work, playing on the Bloomberg system and meeting what it turns out is quite outstanding cohort (more of which in a minute). However, before you can say whatwasthat? The course work has hit (it turns out time management is the real MBA skill).

To slow down a second (I think this will be a learned skill) my cohort needs a mention. We are a small group that seems to cross the globe, a really interesting and heady mix of culture, opinion and experience – what I think should be seen as a real global MBA. I am amazed at how quickly we have all gelled into a cohesive learning team and we will need it, the group projects and reports and coming thick and fast – thankfully we are supported by an academic team which is both academic and commercial. We are already sharing working practices and I think I’m learning as much through this knowledge exchange as I am via the traditional academic rigour.

This week seems straight forward (famous last words?), group project work, reading every night and putting report frameworks together, throw in 4-5 full days of teaching and we have all the ingredients for an MBA week. I can’t complain though its tough work but incredibly rewarding and I’m honestly learning things that have somehow eluded me throughout my professional life.

I’m not certain what the future might hold for me but I can already tell that this is going to be a roller coaster and I for one will not be getting off anytime soon…let battle commence!

Latest posts by john (see all)

Comments

• Aw, this was a really quality write-up. In theory I’d like to write like this also – taking time and actual work for making a wonderful guide..
    . but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and in no way seem to acquire something completed.