Indian_Children

India, the second most populous country in the world, to some extent reminds me of the situation of my country, Indonesia. The economy is growing rapidly, however, there is still a huge gap between the rich and the poor.

While the  labour wage in Indonesia is about 30 pence a day,  some  Indonesian rich people have million pound properties in West Hampstead. I spoke to Ralf, my project partner in Mumbai  about how super rich people  live in Monaco, and for some reason we don’t judge them. Like Maslow argues,  people have different ideas about what kind of activities give meaning and fulfil their self actualisation needs.

Having spent several days working with Arpan, the only registered organisation focussing on child sexual abuse in Mumbai, it made me think about what kind of contribution i have given back to society.

John F Kennedy said, “Don’t ask what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country’. Thus, let’s reflect about what we  can do for the society…

Fund raising has been part of this module, so please visit http://www.justgiving.com/Westminster-MBA-2011
 if you would like to make a donation.

Latest posts by ann1 (see all)