Tell us a little bit about yourself

I’m a PR and Communications professional and a Westminster MBA alumna, originally from Croatia. I work as Head of Communications for the Association of MBAs (AMBA) in London, UK.

What motivated you to do an MBA?

When I decided that I want to develop my international career and work for a global business, an AMBA-accredited MBA programme from a UK business school seemed like a sensible first step in that direction. It was one of the best decisions I have made.

What are some of the biggest takeaways from your MBA Experience?

My biggest MBA takeaways are the importance of sustainability, the life-changing aspect of social entrepreneurship, the strong connection between organisational culture and corporate performance, globalisation and diversity.

How important was your Pre-MBA experience in the MBA Admissions process?

I think it was very important as you need relevant experience prior to doing your MBA, so that you can build on that. I had +12 years of experience working in managerial roles for Croatian and international companies across several sectors, including telecoms, retail and real estate. Also, the more experience MBA students bring to the table, the more beneficial it is to their peers, as one of the aspects of AMBA-accredited MBA programmes is peer-to-peer learning.

On looking back, were there any classes or activities in your MBA that has helped you with the day to day operations of your Business now?

My international study trip to China and all the lectures and business meetings we had there have been very useful for my current role, as China is one of our key markets.

What advice would you give to recent MBA graduates?

Don’t feel the need to overly publicise that you have an MBA, rather show it with your skills and capabilities.

How would you describe your social life and networking opportunities during your MBA at Westminster Business School?

MBA at Westminster offers a lot of networking opportunities, such as MBA Tuesdays, Alumni events and different social gatherings. For me, connecting with people from other Westminster MBA cohorts and alumni was the most interesting part.

Is an MBA worth the investment?

MBA is definitely worth the investment, because it changes the way you think and perceive business. In today’s global economy, it is quite useful to have a global degree, and MBA programmes are leading in that area. Also, closely cooperating with 23 people from different countries and cultures during my MBA has made me understand the real power of a strong diverse team. I work in a diverse team in my current role as well, and I’m sure that diversity is part of our success.

Who are your business influences?

I have been lucky to have worked with some exceptional Chief Executives both in my home country Croatia and internationally, and they have been my major business influences. Whenever I’m in doubt, I always try to think what they would do in a similar situation.

What do you enjoy most about your job?

The global aspect of my job is something I enjoy most, not only in terms of travelling, but also because you get to interact with MBAs and business schools from all over the world on a daily basis.

What advice would you give to women in business?

To know what they want to achieve and simply go after it, but at the same time to be patient and persevere because it takes time to achieve anything.

What is your favourite memory of being a student at Westminster Business School?

My fondest memories of being an MBA student are those happy moments right after handing in our assignments and heading straight to the local pub to celebrate. I very much enjoyed our international study trip to China. I absolutely loved Beijing, had a great time there and got some really valuable business insights.

Westminster Business School MBA programme: As an MBA student you will benefit from learning that is rooted in the real world, from the opportunities to network and build relationships with industry leaders and mentors, and from the knowledge and professional experience of our internationally recognised academic staff.  Learn more about the programme here, read our MBA blog which is written by our students and finally watch our MBA video to learn more about the Westminster MBA.

Comments