Could you please introduce yourself by telling us a little about yourself? My name is Lizzie Hunt; I started working as a Programme Administrator at the Westminster Business School about a year and a half ago. After working on the large undergraduate programme Business Management for a year, I was asked if I would like to become the administrator for the MBA course. This was a great opportunity for me as I hadn’t experienced working on a postgraduate course before and I knew the MBA in particular would be quite a different and varied role. I have now been working on the MBA for about six months.

Can you please describe your role in the registry in a few words? The MBA programme has a number of cohorts partaking in the course, there are also a number of activities that take place such as residential trips, an international study trip and information events such as talks and module elective evenings. This means that my role is very varied as I deal with the day to day administration of the course such as checking student profiles, gathering information for boards, and module registration, but I am also very involved in the coordination of events which entails using various university systems in order to organise activities and follow them through.

15044335065_daee0672a9_z1

What do you most frequently help students with? As a Programme Administrator, I help a variety of students who turn to the registry for help rather than just MBA students alone. All Programme Administrators are required to deal with queries face to face at the registry counter, over the phone or by email. I often help students with their questions about module registration, course information, where to go for advice and how to obtain information from resources such as blackboard.

What advice would you give our new MBA starters this year? This year, I would advise students to keep a close eye on blackboard for any announcements going up that could be of interest such as talks that are taking place, the international study trip, and deadlines for things such as module registration. I would also advise MBA starters that it is vital to keep an eye on their electronic timetables so that they can see when they have sessions and workshops scheduled but also because this is a useful tool for checking exam scheduling information once the exam timetables have been confirmed.

What events (if any) do you organise that students should look out for during the year? As the administrator for the MBA, I organise events such as MBA Information Sessions. These are for prospective students who are interested in potentially starting the MBA. Attending these sessions is a  great opportunity for prospective students to get an idea of the types of things they would study, the opportunities that doing an MBA with the University of Westminster bring and it gives them a chance to meet some of the academics and ask any questions that they might have. Current MBA students should also look out for the MBA Tuesday events that take place on a regular basis throughout the year. These are events that the Alumni Team organise and I am involved in inviting students to come along. The MBA Tuesday events are sessions where guest speakers talk about various topics that are highly informative and useful for MBA and business students in general who would like to gain more knowledge about certain topics within the business world.