Can you please tell us a bit about yourself?

I was born in Brazil to an Italian mother and a Portuguese father and I studied at a French school. I moved to France for a business degree in Lyon. After graduating, I came to London to spend 2 weeks and that was 9 years ago! I have always been very curious and creative, trying to create new concepts and see if they could be transformed into business models. Some succeeded, some didn’t; I guess you can’t always get it right and the point is to get better with every mistake.

What motivated you to do an MBA?

I’ve been running my own business for a few years and I believe the skills to start a company and to grow it are totally different. That is the main reason I chose to do an MBA, to acquire those skills.

How important was your Pre-MBA experience in the MBA Admissions process?

At Westminster Business School the MBA faculty is interested in having a diverse cohort from different backgrounds and cultures with a minimum requirement of three years of experience followed by a competency based interview with one of the MBA admission officers to insure we were at the same level.

How would you describe your social life and networking opportunities during your MBA at Westminster Business School?

The agenda is really packed with meetings and networking events. Thanks to Westminster Business School I was awarded an Institute of Directors membership and I’m trying to absorb all that I can from this opportunity.

raphael2

What are your plans for after MBA? 

I’m currently working on a product linked to technology for the events industry. The plan for after the MBA will be to market it and revolutionise the industry! A lot of long nights ahead and very exciting times to come!

What advice would you give to recent MBA graduates?

Right now I’m not sure. Ask me again in 18 months!

What academic achievement are you most proud of to date?

The biggest will be to become an MBA graduate but to date I would say was the business degree I received in Lyon, as it was relatively easy to get in but very difficult to finish, at times it felt a little like Big Brother – people would be eliminated every year.

What inspires you?​

Sounds clichéd, but challenges inspire and motivate me. If you want to make me do something, tell me it can’t be done.