IMPORTANT UPDATE: due to the high uptake of this offer, eligibility for the Wiley open access fund will be limited to UKRI, Wellcome Trust and former COAF funded research articles only from 1 July 2021 – 31 December 2021. You can still publish in these journals, but will not be able to publish through gold open access.
Authors affiliated with the University of Westminster may publish original research and review articles in any of Wiley’s fully gold Open Access or Wiley’s hybrid, OnlineOpen journals at no further charge to the author.
To be eligible:
- You must be the corresponding author who is affiliated with the University of Westminster at the point of acceptance.
- You must publish open access (in a fully gold OA journal or a hybrid journal that offers OnlineOpen). To check the open access availability for a specific journal, use the Author Compliance Tool.
- If publishing in a hybrid journal, you must order OnlineOpen at the point of acceptance by using the order workflow as described below.
- If you are no longer affiliated with either Westminster, or another eligible institution, at the point of acceptance of your paper, you do not qualify.
- If you don’t order OnlineOpen initially, your manuscript will be published under the traditional closed access model. You may order OnlineOpen retroactively, but once your paper is published in Early View or In Issue online you are no longer eligible to publish OnlineOpen at no charge.
You do not need to contact us to gain permission. Just follow the instructions and see your article fully open with Wiley.
Other publishers with similar agreements:
- Cambridge University Press: We have a similar agreement for CUP journals. Please see the CUP post for more detail.
- Public Library of Science (PLOS): an agreement is now in place, allowing Westminster authors to publish in the gold open access journals: PLOS ONE, PLOS Genetics, PLOS Computational Biology, PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, and PLOS Pathogens, without having to pay individual APCs. More details in the PLOS post.
- Sage: We have a similar agreement for Sage journals. Please see the Sage post for more detail.
- Springer Compact: We already have a similar agreement for some Springer journals. Please see the Springer post for more detail, and a link to a list of eligible titles.
- Taylor & Francis: Taylor & Francis Open Select journals (including Routledge) now also has a ‘read and publish’ agreement. See the T&F post for more details.
A very limited fund is available to pay individual APC charges for some articles. Please see the recent blog post.
Any questions: email email@example.com
Important Update relating to October – December 2020: due to the huge popularity of this open access offer, funds for 2020 ran out early. Articles accepted for publication between 11 October 2020 and 31 December 2020 weren’t eligible, unless they are funded by either COAF / UKRI / Wellcome Trust. The fund re-opened to all on 1 January 2021.
Latest posts by Nina Watts (see all)
- Publish Open Access with Taylor and Francis Journals - April 22, 2021
- Publish Without Charge in select Public Library of Science (PLOS) Journals - April 19, 2021
- Publish Open Access with Cambridge University Press - January 27, 2021