Congratulations to our first Westminster Business School Entrepreneurship Pathway Graduates : Sarah Watkinson-Yull, Team Leader, Sharon Katta, Pranpratim Bhuyan and Emirgels Ibrahimllari who have been selected as a team to enter the Final Round of the 2013 IIBD Case Competition jointly organised by the Wing Lung Bank International Institute for Business Development (IIBD) and Chinese Business Research Centre, School of Business, Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU).
The team will be heading to Hong Kong Baptist University in November 2013 to compete in the Final Round of this year’s Competition.
Details of the Competition are as follows:
Date: 8 November 2013 (Friday)
Venue: Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
List of the Finalists:
- Ateneo de Manila University, The Philippines
- Bowling Green State University, USA
- Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong (host institution)
- Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Westminster Business School, UK
There will be four awards forthe Competition, viz,
Gold Prize: US$600 per team and Trophy
Silver Prize: US$400per team and Trophy
Bronze Prize: US$200per team and Trophy
Best Presenter: US$100per team and Trophy
Format of the Final Round of the Competition
Finalist teams will be given a business case in the morning on 8 November 2013. A computer will be provided for each team.Each team will have six hours to research and analyse the case, then develop a set of action plans and recommendations for the presentation in the afternoon. Each team will have 20 minutes for the presentation, followed by a 15-minute question-and-answer session with questions being asked by the Panel of Judges. Based on each team’s presentation in terms of depth, comprehensiveness, relevance, originality and persuasiveness, as well as its ability to present arguments and recommendations, the Judges will announce and present the awards of Gold, Sliver, Bronze and Best Presenter for the Competition right after the presentations.
We wish them great success in this competition. If you would like to know more about the Entrepreneurship Pathway you can read more here or you can watch Dr. Jane Chang in this video talking about the Entrepreneurship Pathway
Latest posts by Westminster Business School Blog (see all)
- Team Atlas Makes It To The Semi-Finals Of The Universities Business Challenge – The World’s Leading Event For Employability And Enterprise Skills - 18 December 2015
- #LoveFestive Photo Competition – What Does Festive Mean To You? - 1 December 2015
- Business Economics Course Attends Institute Of Fiscal Studies Conference - 30 November 2015