Would you like to make sports happen?
Team Westminster Active is the Westminster City Council #sportsvolunteering programme. They can help you to find a volunteer placement within sport clubs, physical activity providers or sport event organisers.
There are a wide range of opportunities and you can play a key role by helping with their day to day activities (administration, marketing, finance, website development, fundraising, research…), supporting local sport events or assisting coaches.
Benefits for volunteering with Team Westminster Active
- Access to free training and courses (when registered on “Volunteer Connect“)
- Emergency First Aid for Sports Coaches – Wednesday 2nd November from 6pm to 9pm
- Park Activator – Wednesday 16th November from 5.30pm to 8.30pm
- Boxing for Fitness – Wednesday 7th December from 5.30pm to 8.30pm
- Online modules for sport clubs in areas such as people, finance, marketing, management
- Free enhanced DBS check to volunteer with child and adult workforce
- Weekly newsletter with new opportunities, training offer, events and news
How do I get involved in sports volunteering?
Register on Volunteer Connect, search for opportunities and confirm your interest on the roles you are interested in. If you don’t heard back from the organisation within 7 days, please do contact us on 0300 365 9910 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t know where to start or need further assistance, feel free to book a place for one of their drop-in session where you will receive a personalised support which will help you
– Register / update your profile with Team Westminster Active
– Search for available opportunities that matches with your interests.
– Make the first contact with the organisation.
– Provide further support to develop your skills while volunteering.
Are you interested in becoming a personal trainer?
The new year is approaching and becoming more physically active is a popular resolution. Westminster has a team of volunteers who deliver physical activity sessions at local parks and we are recruiting new volunteers to help assist these sessions.
You will receive free relevant training; be assisted to get a free DBS check; and, gain experience by assisting existing Westminster Park Makers. After a minimum commitment and an assessment, you will be able to run your own Westminster Park Makers sessions. If you would like further details, confirm your interest here or contact us ASAP on 030 365 9910 or at email@example.com.
If you want to challenge yourself and see what it would be like to work as a coach, then Team Westminster Active has something for you:
If you are interested in supporting the clubs in their day to day activities, then you will enjoy undertaking those opportunities:
Great one-off opportunities are also available:
All Stars Boxing Gym & Your Club is organising the London Mayor’s Cup on Friday 11th November. They are looking for 6-8 volunteers to help on the day. For further details about the role and confirm your interest, click here.
With over 35 new vacancies every week, always check Engage for brand new volunteering opportunities.
If you need any further help please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by partyka (see all)
- Volunteer with SouthWestFest ~ 30th June – 22nd July 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Volunteer with CLIC Sargent! - June 19, 2017
- Volunteer with Sense’s Tower Hamlets Befriending Service - June 13, 2017