Westminster Law School blog

Visit the website of Westminster Law School

More information about courses in undergraduate law

More information about courses in postgraduate law

Ademilola Yerokun graduated (with a Distinction) from the International Law LLM course 

Posted on: 3 October 2017
By:
No Comments »
Filed under: Alumni - LLM in International Law, Uncategorized

I chose to study at Westminster because the website and brochure had a comprehensive explanation of the course details and structure; I knew what I was going into even before I had started the course. The fees were very reasonable and the location was very central and easily accessible for me.

The structure of the course was fantastic. We had seminars which were incorporated into the lectures, and I referred to them as ‘leminars’. This meant that participation was actively encouraged which created a very positive learning environment. The resources including books and teaching facilities that were available to me for the duration of the course were adequate, and my lecturers and tutors were very professional and friendly. I have since returned to Westminster for further studies and I have seen some of my tutors from the LLM and have been able to approach them for a friendly chat.

As a postgraduate course, I was required to do my independent study in order to be able to participate fully in the class. Completing the course with a Distinction affirmed my decision to have a career in Law. Since I graduated I have been working but I am now currently back at the University of Westminster studying the Legal Practice Course on a part-time basis.

The advice I would you give to anyone thinking of studying for their LLM at the University of Westminster is to go for it – you will get value for your money. But make sure you also prepare to work hard and participate in class. This will ultimately be to your advantage when you have to write your essays and exams.