Authors affiliated with the University of Westminster may publish original research articles in any of Taylor & Francis Open Select journals at no further charge to the author. Open Select gives you the option to make your paper open access in one of 2,300+ subscription journals. These span across subject areas and include both Taylor & Francis and Routledge journals.
To be eligible:
- You must be the corresponding author who is affiliated with the University of Westminster at the point of acceptance.
- Your paper must an original research article. Other types of paper, such as Editorials, Announcements, and Book Reviews, are not covered by this agreement.
- Be accepted for publication after the 1st January 2021.
- If you are no longer affiliated with either Westminster, or another eligible institution, at the point of acceptance of your paper, you do not qualify.
- Fully gold journals (those that only charge open access publishing fees, and not subscriptions) are not included in this agreement.
- You are advised to use your institutional email address instead of your private email address, to enable Taylor & Francis to better identify you as eligible under the agreement, also and give the organisation name, University of Westminster, on submission.
- This agreement covers the period 1 January 2021 – 31 December 2023.
To find out if a journal is Open Select, look out for this indicator at the top of the journal homepage on Taylor & Francis Online:
You do not need to contact us to gain permission. Just follow the instructions and see your article fully open.
Please see Taylor & Francis’ Open access publishing for researchers in the UK information.
Other publishers with similar agreements:
- American Chemical Society (ACS): We have a similar agreements for ACS journals, which covers articles in both hybrid (subscription) and Gold open access (fully open) journals. Please see the ACS post for more detail.
- Cambridge University Press: We have a similar agreement for CUP journals. Please see the CUP post for more detail.
- Elsevier: We have a similar agreement for Elsevier journals. Please see the Elsevier post for more detail.
- Public Library of Science (PLOS): an agreement is now in place, allowing Westminster authors to publish in the gold open access journals: PLOS ONE, PLOS Genetics, PLOS Computational Biology, PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, and PLOS Pathogens, without having to pay individual APCs. More details in the PLOS post.
- Sage: We have a similar agreement for Sage journals. Please see the Sage post for more detail.
- Springer Compact: We already have a similar agreement for some Springer journals. Please see the Springer post for more detail, and a link to a list of eligible titles.
- Wiley: We have a similar agreement for Wiley journals. Please see the Wiley post for more detail.
A very limited fund is available to pay individual APC charges for some articles. Please see the recent blog post.
Any questions: email email@example.com