Coca‑Cola Enterprises Ltd makes, sells and distributes soft drinks for every occasion in Great Britain. They sell more than four billion bottles and cans in GB every year. They make 95 percent of our products in GB. These are some amazing facts and I know that everyone knows about the company so well I don’t actually need a massive introduction on it. The most amazing thing though that Coca-Cola Enterprises will be working closely with the University of Westminster students at all levels. Coca-Cola Enterprises are giving you the opportunity to work over a weekend on a real life task, helping to solve the problems of tomorrow, We’ll give you a real project brief from Coca-Cola Enterprises and a leading restaurant chain.
Your team will have 24 hours to compete for the best, most innovative digital or mobile idea.
Ideal for anyone interested in digital marketing, design or technology.
Get practical experience for your CV, plus a chance to win great prizes!
What’s in it for you?
- Work on a real life problem faced by Coca-Cola Enterprises and FMCG businesses today
- Certificate of participation from Coca-Cola Enterprises
- Potential for your idea to be developed in the future
- Enhance your CV and gain experience to draw on in interviews
- Learning and support from Coca-Cola Enterprises, Marketing agencies and a large restaurant group
- Full feedback and guidance from a panel of industry judges, including Coca-Cola Enterprises
- £1,000 prize for the winning team, £500 prize for second placed team
- 2 £250 prizes for best team and most innovative idea
- What is a digital hackathon?
A competition where innovative digital ideas are created over a short period of time by a group of multi-skilled individuals.
A full detailed brief will be given during the day.
To give you a steer, we’re looking to generate fresh, effective digital marketing ideas for our retail and restaurant customers that will help solve a real life problem facing CCE & other FMCG businesses.
Ideas should focus on the path to purchase for consumers, pre, during and post purchase. We’d encourage you to think about the use of social media, mobile apps and gaming, location based marketing and digital signage/communication.
What do you need to do?
Form a team of a maximum of 5 people, minimum of 3
We’d recommend that each team has a representative from a different school, however this is not essential
Team entry is on a first come, first served basis and there will be a cap of 30 teams
Sign up to take part by entering your details in the registration form
Please note that every member of the team must register separately even if you’ve already got a team
Dates and times
16 and 17 February 2013, at Westminster Business School, Marylebone Campus.
The brief will be detailed from 10am on 16 February followed by an all-day workshop. On 17 February between 11am and 1pm, each team will have five minutes to present their concepts to a panel of judges and the winners will be announced by 4pm.
Really looking forward to see some amazing teams with great talent on the day. Good Luck to all and read more here about the Coca-Cola Enterprises Hackathon
Latest posts by Westminster Business School Blog (see all)
- Team Atlas Makes It To The Semi-Finals Of The Universities Business Challenge – The World’s Leading Event For Employability And Enterprise Skills - December 18, 2015
- #LoveFestive Photo Competition – What Does Festive Mean To You? - December 1, 2015
- Business Economics Course Attends Institute Of Fiscal Studies Conference - November 30, 2015