International Open Access Week 2022: Open for Climate Justice, 24-30 October, 2022
This year the focus of International Open Access Week is ‘Open for Climate Justice’. During the week we will be releasing daily blog posts from our open access week team at Westminster. Look out for these from 24 October.
Events & Resources from Other Universities
Many universities are putting on events open to all online. Here is a roundup of some events and resources, which may interest to you:
The University of Aberdeen’s Open Research Team have arranged talks with some of the biggest advocates for Open Access:
- Open Ideas: Fresh Perspectives, Online, Mon 24 Oct 2022, 10:00 – 12:30
- Roundtable with UoA Interdisciplinary Leads, Online, Wed 26 Oct 2022, 13:30 -15:00
- Open Data – the next 10 years, Online, Fri 28 Oct 2022, 10:00 – 12:00
View the full programme of events from Aberdeen along with booking details.
An online webinar on the Plan S Rights Retention Strategy, ‘ Why the Plan S rights retention strategy matters’ hosted by the University of Derby on Wednesday the 26 October from 2-3 pm. The event listing is here.
The University of Sheffield are hosting a series of online Open Research Conversations which run throughout 22/23:
- Participants as Co-investigators – Opening up Research with Co-production, Wednesday 12 October, 12.00-13.00 Sign up for the event
- Rethinking Peer Review – An Exploration of Changing Peer Review Processes, Thursday 10 November 2022, 12.00-13.00, Sign up for the event
- You’ve Got to Fight for Your (Copy)right – An Exploration of New Policies on Rights Retention, Weds 7 December 2022, 12.00-13.00, Sign up for the event
- Opening the (e)Book on Open Educational Resources, Weds 18 January 2023, 12.00-13.00, Sign up for the event
UCL’s Open Science & Scholarship video includes an overview of Open Science at UCL, but will be of use more widely. It ends with a quiz to test your knowledge.
UCL have also shared a Guide to Open Science for PhD students.
Open Access Monograph/Book Resources
Introduction to open access for monographs: compliance vs culture, 2 November 2022, 15.00-16:30. Run by Jisc this will be the first of three sessions. Join to explore the wider benefits of open access for books.
Open Access Monographs: where we are now and how to make mandates a reality, Tuesday 8 November 2022, 1500.
OAPEN Open Access Books Toolkit, a free-to-access resource, aimed at helping academic book authors to better understand OA book publishing, has been updated to include author success stories
Latest posts by Nina Watts (see all)
- Open Access Week 2022: Open Access and Practice Based Research - October 27, 2022
- Open Access Week 2022: Events Coming Up - October 12, 2022
- Publish Open Access in the American Psychological Association (APA) Journals - August 19, 2022