Are you striving to excel in your studies at Westminster and your career journey? Of course, and the The Academic Engagement and Learning Development (AELD) service team is here to help! The AELD service team are here to support your journey through university and, eventually, your career by providing you with a wide range of resources and services through our pathway on Engage.
So what services and support are available?
Join in with one of the many workshops to help you develop your skillset. A wide range of topics are covered, including research, essay writing, report writing, reflective writing, dissertation writing, academic language, English sentences and punctuation, references and plagiarism, time management, exam skills, online learning, and many more. All of these sessions are delivered conveniently on Blackboard Collaborate.
One-to-one appointments and feedback:
Each student is expected to have a different academic journey from everybody else, so our Learning Developers offer one-to-one appointments to discuss many aspects of studying and assignment writing in detail. These topics include but are not limited to:
- structuring and clarifying your written ideas and arguments
- Receiving feedback on coursework
- delivering effective presentations
- undertaking literature reviews and dissertations
- time management and effective study techniques
All appointments will take place online via Blackboard Collaborate.
Through our online platform, you can find many instantly accessible resources when you need immediate help or want to further polish your skills and knowledge. These include:
- Academic Skills guides feature step-by-step guidance, activities and videos on developing your academic skillset and help you succeed at your assessments.
- Library guides which include how to use the library, referencing, digital accessibility and much more.
- Subject guides which will assist you in researching your field of study.
You can access these guides Here.
If you wish to find out more about the services offered by the Academic Engagement and Learning Development team click Here watch our short video below or reach out to the team through email@example.com
Latest posts by Josh Lawson (see all)
- Kick-start your entrepreneurial journey with WeNetwork - October 27, 2023
- Boost your academic and lifelong skills with the Academic Engagement and Learning Development service! - October 11, 2023
- 5 useful tips for freshers - September 21, 2023