London: a haven for introverts

London: a haven for introverts_International Student Blog__Lynn Zulkarim_featured image_emoty-tube-carriage
An introvert in a big city

London, a place for introverts? Really? We all know London as one of the major cities of the world. People from all over flock to the city to work, study or live there. It is seeping with history, culture, and world-famous for the roaring fashion, arts and entertainment industry.

Local restrictions

Just as any other country in the world, London is not spared from the effects of Covid-19 in 2020. And since its first lockdown in March, things were just not the same again. The number of people in any shop at any given time is limited, a two-metre distance is required, and everyone’s hiding under a face mask. And there are less international tourists too.

Lockdown: introvert’s paradise

With less people out and about, London somehow became a nice place for introverts like me. The tube is hardly packed, very seldom I would be accidentally elbowing people when shopping at Lidl or Sainsbury’s, or trying to navigate a bustling museum on a school holiday.

Oh, and yes, I got my personal space too of course, which I appreciated so much, and something I did not experience in my past trips to London.

Here are some of the photos I took in and around London in September and October 2020. True, it was not as deserted as it seemed it was back in March, but it was still an amusing sight.

Southbank Centre, 30 October 2020

Covent Garden, 26 October 2020

The Natural History Museum, 23 October 2020

Inside an Underground train at 10:45pm, 3 November 2020

Lynn Zulkarim
Lynn Zulkarim

Latest posts by Lynn Zulkarim (see all)