Are you an early career researcher in your first independent post? Does your research have clear relevance to human health? If so, the Academy of Medical Sciences Springboard awards may be what you are looking for!
The Academy of Medical Sciences Springboard awards are aimed at biomedical researchers at the start of their first independent post to help launch their research careers.
These awards offer up to £100,000, to cover direct research expenses and professional development within a defined research project.
Full details of the call can be found here.
The University of Westminster is accepting outline applications to identify applicants who can submit to the scheme. If you meet the eligibility criteria and would like to be considered, please complete this pro forma and send, along with a 2 page CV, to email@example.com by midday on 19 April 2021 using the subject line: AMS Springboard proposal.
The Springboard champion, Professor Brendon Noble, and deputy champion, Dr Nina Smyth, are happy to be contacted if you would like to discuss your proposal.
On 15th March we held an AMS Springboard Award – insights from leading researchers event, where we heard from leading researchers from the school of Life Sciences, who shared their experiences and guidance for developing successful research proposals
Watch a recording of the event here.
Presentations from the workshop are below:
- Introduction from Springboard Champion: Brendon Noble
- Overview of internal selection process: Henna Patel
- Research Insights: Mohammed Gulrez Zariwala
- Research Insights: Jimmy Bell
- How to write a good lay summary: Nina Smyth
Latest posts by Henna Patel (see all)
- Academy of Medical Sciences Springboard scheme – open for applications - March 31, 2021
- Academy of Medical Sciences Springboard Scheme - April 8, 2020
- The FUNDamentals Series – #3 Get the full picture of health with Wellcome - December 20, 2019