Authors affiliated with the University of Westminster may publish articles in in more than 2000 of Springer’s journals at no further charge to the author. This covers original papers, review papers, brief communications and continuing education (usually medical).
To be eligible:
- Once your article is accepted, Springer will send you a link to the MyPublication form. There you will be asked to state your affiliation.
- The article must be published in one of the 2,000 Springer hybrid journals.
- You must be the corresponding author who is affiliated with the University of Westminster at the point of acceptance.
- You will need to agree to the open access terms.
- Not all journals are included in this agreement.
- If you are no longer affiliated with either Westminster, or another eligible institution, at the point of acceptance of your paper, you do not qualify.
- You are advised to use your institutional email address instead of your private email address, to enable Springer to better identify you as eligible under the agreement.
You do not need to contact us to gain permission. Just follow the instructions and see your article fully open with Springer.
See the UK Read and Publish (Springer Compact) agreement for more detail.
Any questions: email email@example.com
Other publishers with similar agreements:
- American Chemical Society (ACS): We have a similar agreements for ACS journals, which covers articles in both hybrid (subscription) and Gold open access (fully open) journals. Please see the ACS post for more detail.
- American Psychological Association (APA): We have a similar agreement for APA journals. Please see the APA post for more detail.
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM): We have an agreement covering journal articles and conference papers published by the ACM. Please see the ACM post for more detail.
- Cambridge University Press: We have a similar agreement for CUP journals. Please see the CUP post for more detail.
- Elsevier: We have a similar agreement for Elsevier journals. Please see the Elsevier post for more detail.
- Public Library of Science (PLOS): an agreement is now in place, allowing Westminster authors to publish in the gold open access journals: PLOS ONE, PLOS Genetics, PLOS Computational Biology, PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, and PLOS Pathogens, without having to pay individual APCs. More details in the PLOS post.
- Sage: We have a similar agreement for Sage journals. Please see the Sage post for more detail.
- Taylor & Francis: Taylor & Francis Open Select journals (including Routledge) now also has a ‘read and publish’ agreement. See the T&F post for more details.
- Wiley: We have a similar agreement for Wiley journals. Please see the Wiley post for more detail.
A very limited fund is available to pay individual APC charges for some articles. Please see the recent blog post.
Latest posts by Nina Watts (see all)
- The Altmetric Attention Score now in WestminsterResearch - May 11, 2023
- Publish Open Access with ACM - March 13, 2023
- Open Access Week 2022: Open Access and Practice Based Research - October 27, 2022
I have an chapter published in a springer book.here is the link and cite https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-91986-7_13
Jones C.W. (2019) Racism and Classism in Mexican Advertising. In: Olteanu A., Stables A., Borţun D. (eds) Meanings & Co.. Numanities – Arts and Humanities in Progress, vol 6. Springer, Cham
can I publish this chapter?
This new deal is only available to newly accepted journal articles, so doesn’t apply to this chapter. I can see you have a record in the VRE for your chapter. If you attach the author manuscript to the record, then we can make this openly available. This is the version after any changes based on peer review, but before it was formatted for publication by the the publisher.
Can the link to the list of Springer Journals included be corrected – as it is not linking to anything.
Thanks for alerting us to this, Sarah. Now amended to link to https://resource-cms.springernature.com/springer-cms/rest/v1/content/829308/data/v6
Pingback:Research Office » Publish Open Access with Sage (including IMechE and RSM)
Pingback:Research Office » Publish Open Access with Cambridge University Press
Pingback:Research Office » How to Make Your Research Articles Open at Westminster
I have recently started at the UoW as a lecturer and I am in the process of submitting a paper to a Springer hybrid journal. Am I correct in thinking that if the article is accepted I will not be paying the APC? The journal is included in the agreement.
Yes, if it is one of the 2000 titles included in the Springer Compact agreement https://resource-cms.springernature.com/springer-cms/rest/v1/content/829308/data/v7 then you won’t be required to make a payment. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further help.
Thank you so much Nina!
Pingback:Research Office » Publish Open Access with Taylor and Francis Journals
Pingback:Research Office » Publish Without Charge in select Public Library of Science (PLOS) Journals