Authors affiliated with the University of Westminster may publish original research articles in 88 hybrid journals in the PsycArticles portfolio, excluding the Hogefe collection of journals. This agreement will allow you to publish eligible articles through gold open access at no further charge to yourself.
To be eligible:
- You must be the corresponding author who is affiliated with the University of Westminster at the point of acceptance.
- Be accepted for publication after the 1st August 2022. This agreement is a pilot and will end on 31 August 2023, unless a new agreement is signed by the University.
- The Hogefe collection of journals are not included.
- If you are no longer affiliated with either Westminster, or another eligible institution, at the point of acceptance of your paper, you do not qualify.
- You are advised to use your institutional email address instead of your private email address, to enable the APA to better identify you as eligible under the agreement. Give the organisation name, University of Westminster, on submission.
- This agreement covers the period 1 August 2022 – 31 July 2023.
- All articles with a Westminster corresponding author will automatically be made open access with a CC-BY licence, and also deposited in PubMed Central.
You do not need to contact us to gain permission. Just follow the instructions and see your article published fully open.
Other publishers with similar agreements:
- American Chemical Society (ACS): We have a similar agreement for ACS journals. Please see the ACS post for more details.
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM): We have an agreement covering journal articles and conference papers published by the ACM. Please see the ACM post for more detail.
- Cambridge University Press: We have a similar agreement for CUP journals. Please see the CUP post for more detail.
- Elsevier: We have a similar agreement for Elsevier journals. Please see the Elsevier post for more detail.
- Public Library of Science (PLOS): an agreement is now in place, allowing Westminster authors to publish in the gold open access journals: PLOS ONE, PLOS Genetics, PLOS Computational Biology, PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, and PLOS Pathogens, without having to pay individual APCs. More details in the PLOS post.
- Sage: We have a similar agreement for Sage journals. Please see the Sage post for more detail.
- Springer Compact: We already have a similar agreement for some Springer journals. Please see the Springer post for more detail, and a link to a list of eligible titles.
- Taylor & Francis: We have a similar agreement for Wiley journals. Please see the Taylor & Francis post for more detail.
- Wiley: We have a similar agreement for Wiley journals. Please see the Wiley post for more detail.
A very limited fund is available to pay individual APC charges for some articles. Please see the recent blog post.
Any questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Nina Watts (see all)
- Publish Open Access with ACM - March 13, 2023
- Open Access Week 2022: Open Access and Practice Based Research - October 27, 2022
- Open Access Week 2022: Events Coming Up - October 12, 2022