Authors affiliated with the University of Westminster may publish original research and review articles in any of Wiley’s fully gold Open Access or Wiley’s hybrid, OnlineOpen journals at no further charge to the author.
September 2022 Update – Wiley are ‘flipping’ some journals to fully gold Open Access and they will no longer be covered by this agreement. Please see a full list of titles with dates these changes take place here.
To be eligible:
- You must be the corresponding author who is affiliated with the University of Westminster at the point of acceptance.
- You must publish open access (in a fully gold OA journal or a hybrid journal that offers OnlineOpen). To check the open access availability for a specific journal, use the Author Compliance Tool.
- If publishing in a hybrid journal, you must order OnlineOpen at the point of acceptance by using the order workflow as described below.
- If you are no longer affiliated with either Westminster, or another eligible institution, at the point of acceptance of your paper, you do not qualify.
- If you don’t order OnlineOpen initially, your manuscript will be published under the traditional closed access model. You may order OnlineOpen retroactively, but once your paper is published in Early View or In Issue online you are no longer eligible to publish OnlineOpen at no charge.
You do not need to contact us to gain permission. Just follow the instructions and see your article fully open with Wiley.
Other publishers with similar agreements:
- American Chemical Society (ACS): We have a similar agreements for ACS journals, which covers articles in both hybrid (subscription) and Gold open access (fully open) journals. Please see the ACS post for more detail.
- American Psychological Association (APA): We have a similar agreement for APA journals. Please see the APA post for more detail.
- Cambridge University Press: We have a similar agreement for CUP journals. Please see the CUP post for more detail.
- Elsevier: We have a similar agreement for Elsevier journals. Please see the Elsevier post for more detail.
- Public Library of Science (PLOS): an agreement is now in place, allowing Westminster authors to publish in the gold open access journals: PLOS ONE, PLOS Genetics, PLOS Computational Biology, PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, and PLOS Pathogens, without having to pay individual APCs. More details in the PLOS post.
- Sage: We have a similar agreement for Sage journals. Please see the Sage post for more detail.
- Springer Nature: We already have a similar agreement for some Springer journals. Please see the Springer post for more detail, and a link to a list of eligible titles.
- Taylor & Francis: Taylor & Francis Open Select journals (including Routledge) now also has a ‘read and publish’ agreement. See the T&F post for more details.
A very limited fund is available to pay individual APC charges for some articles. Please see the recent blog post.
Any questions: email email@example.com
Latest posts by Nina Watts (see all)
- UKRI Open Access Policy: Funding now available for open access costs for monographs, chapters and edited collections - November 22, 2023
- Open Access Week 2023: Community over Commercialization - October 18, 2023
- Open Access Week 2023: Resources Available and External Events Coming Up - October 18, 2023