Authors affiliated with the University of Westminster may publish original research articles in any of Elsevier’s hybrid journals at no further charge to the author. This ‘Read & Publish’ agreement will allow you to publish eligible articles in a wide variety of participating Elsevier journals across disciplines through gold open access.
To be eligible:
- You must be the corresponding author who is affiliated with the University of Westminster at the point of acceptance.
- Be accepted for publication after the 1st January 2022. This agreement is effective until the end of December 2024.
- If you are no longer affiliated with either Westminster, or another eligible institution, at the point of acceptance of your paper, you do not qualify.
- Fully gold journals (those that only charge open access publishing fees, and not subscriptions) are not included in this agreement.
- You are advised to use your institutional email address instead of your private email address, to enable Elsevier to better identify you as eligible under the agreement. Give the organisation name, University of Westminster, on submission.
- This agreement covers the period 1 January 2022 – 31 December 2024.
Find a participating journal in this agreement by title or by subject area: https://agreements.journals.elsevier.com/jisc
You do not need to contact us to gain permission. Just follow the instructions and see your article published fully open.
Other publishers with similar agreements:
- American Chemical Society (ACS): We have a similar agreements for ACS journals, which covers articles in both hybrid (subscription) and Gold open access (fully open) journals. Please see the ACS post for more detail.
- American Psychological Association (APA) : We have a similar agreement for APA journals. Please see the APA post for more detail.
- Cambridge University Press: We have a similar agreement for CUP journals. Please see the CUP post for more detail.
- Public Library of Science (PLOS): an agreement is now in place, allowing Westminster authors to publish in the gold open access journals: PLOS ONE, PLOS Genetics, PLOS Computational Biology, PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, and PLOS Pathogens, without having to pay individual APCs. More details in the PLOS post.
- Sage: We have a similar agreement for Sage journals. Please see the Sage post for more detail.
- Springer Compact: We have a similar agreement for some Springer journals. Please see the Springer post for more detail, and a link to a list of eligible titles.
- Taylor & Francis: We have a similar agreement for Wiley journals. Please see the Taylor & Francis post for more detail.
- Wiley: We have a similar agreement for Wiley journals. Please see the Wiley post for more detail.
A very limited fund is available to pay individual APC charges for some articles. Please see the recent blog post.
Any questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Nina Watts (see all)
- Open Access Week 2022: Open Access and Practice Based Research - October 27, 2022
- Open Access Week 2022: Events Coming Up - October 12, 2022
- Publish Open Access in the American Psychological Association (APA) Journals - August 19, 2022