Padlet is an online virtual “bulletin” board, where students and teachers can collaborate, reflect, share links and pictures, in a secure location.
Padlet allows users to create a hidden wall with a custom URL. Padlet creators can also moderate posts, remove posts, and manage their board 24/7.
Step 1: How do I sign up for Padlet account?
To sign up for University of Westminster’s Padlet account send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org – for UoW teaching staff only.
Please check your email for your account details
We will send you your account details within 24 hours. Once you have your credentials you’ll need to access Padlet via the UoW Padlet domain: https://uowdigital.padlet.org/
Once you login, click on the button(top left hand side) , + Make a Padlet
A popup window will appear. Click, any of the options as required.
Note: If you are not sure then select the Wall as shown in the picture.
Once you click on the wall a window will appear on the right side of the screen. Make sure you follow the steps below.
1 Title: You can choose any title for your Padlet.
2. Description: Here you can give detail about your Padlet.
3. Icon: Icon is a fun way to represent your padlet. It can be left to none.
4. Copy to Clipboard: By clicking this button a link will be copied. You will be sending this link to your students to access your Padlet. Please past it for now somewhere where you will be able to find it later.
5. Comments: Allow viewers [student] to comment on Posts by turning the button on.
6. Reactions: Will let you chose the desired option.
7. Content Filtering: Filter Profanity
Enable Filter profanity
In the upper right hand corner of the screen. Click, Share
Once you click share, The setting side panel will appear from right.
Add members: You do not need to add members if you are sharing this Padlet with students.
Click, Change Privacy