Panopto is the system used by the University of Westminster for live lecture capture and creating pre-recorded course material. It has the following features.
– Recordings incorporate AI Closed Captioning (CC). Captions can be turned on by clicking the CC button at the bottom.
– It can be used to record a session in class or at your desk. Recordings can then be distributed to students via Blackboard.
– It has a function that allows students to make recordings themselves and submit these as assignments.
– Panopto can also be used to broadcast live presentations/lectures to large audiences.
User Guide For Staff
Install Panopto on:
- University Windows computer
- University Mac or any personal computer
- Set up and record in a classroom (Video)
- Webcasting (large live audience) (Video)
- Record a video lecture at home
- Record without installing Panopto software
After recording a video
Further Help and Training
User Guide For Students
You can access Panopto through one of the three methods
Updates and Known Issues
How to fix (troubleshoot) most common Panopto issues (external resource)
Last Updated March/2023