Panopto is the system used by the University of Westminster for live lecture capture and creating pre-recorded course material. It has the following features.
– Recordings incorporate AI Closed Captioning (CC). Captions can be turned on by clicking the CC button at the bottom.
– It can be used to record a session in class or at your desk. Recordings can then be distributed to students via Blackboard.
– It has a function that allows students to make recordings themselves and submit these as assignments.
– Panopto can also be used to broadcast live presentations/lectures to large audiences.
User Guide For Staff
Install Panopto on:
- Set up and record in a classroom (Video)
- Webcasting (large live audience) (Video)
- Record a video lecture at home
- Record without installing Panopto software
After recording a video
Further Help and Training
Last Updated March/2023