ATA Webinar Week – 26th-30th July 2021
Our Summer Webinar Week has now concluded. However, you can still watch the content using the links below.
Bringing together existing and new pre-recorded material created by and with ATA and the Active Travel Postgraduate Network, curated around key themes within the ATA’s research. Included on the opening day was a live panel and film screening. The online event took place across the week, with each day themed as follows:
Monday 26th July – Active Mobility With and By Children [re-watch] More>>
Tuesday 27th July – Active Travel Policy and Perception [re-watch] More>>
Wednesday 28th July – Active Travel Equity [re-watch] More>>
Thursday 29th July – After The Lockdown: Building permanent change from temporary adaptations [re-watch] More>>
Friday 30th July – Active Travel and Road Safety: Data and Discourses [re-watch] More>>
For any queries about the week, please contact email@example.com.
Monday 26th July – Active Mobility With and By Children
- The Fine Art of Cycling with Children
- Motherload Virtual Screening – Book via Eventbrite
- 2pm: Live Panel Discussion on Child Friendly Cities and Mobility – Book via Eventbrite
- Jenny Wood (A Place in Childhood)
- Nafsika Michail (Sustrans/University of Northumbria)
- Mariam Draaijer (JoyRiders)
- Lucy Marstrand (Technical Lead – Walking and Cycling, Metis Consultants)
- Beth Barker-Stock (Senior Cycling and Walking Officer, BCP)
- Chair: Holly Weir (Active Travel Academy).
Submit a question to the panel
Tuesday 27th July – Active Travel Policy and Perception
- “The impoverished politics of active travel” – Policy and Politics
- “The impoverished politics of active travel” – Language and Discourse
- Quickviews: Active Travel in the Media – A selection of key ideas and views from 2020 Active Travel Media Awards.
Wednesday 28th July – Active Travel Equity
- Enabling Wider Participation
- Cycling for Everyone
- Accessible Cycling
- Introducing the Active Travel Academy Equity Fellows and their projects – A showcase of current projects.
Thursday 29th July – After The Lockdown: Building permanent change from temporary adaptations
- Prioritising new infrastructure in the pandemic
- Re-imagining our streets
- Change is Here Plenary
- Tools for local campaigners: Propensity to Cycle Tool
Friday 30th July – Active Travel and Road Safety: Data and Discourses
- The Cycling Injury Risk Study
- Active Travel Podcast: Media reporting of Active Travel
- Road Collision Reporting Guidelines
- Cycling Safety and Inequalitites in Bogotá