Authors affiliated with the University of Westminster may publish original research articles in any of American Chemical Society (ACS)’s hybrid or fully Open Access (gold) journals. This ‘Read & Publish’ agreement will allow you to publish eligible articles through gold open access at no further charge to yourself.
To be eligible:
- You must be the corresponding author who is affiliated with the University of Westminster at the point of acceptance.
- Be accepted for publication after the 1st January 2022. This agreement is effective until the end of December 2024.
- If you are no longer affiliated with either Westminster, or another eligible institution, at the point of acceptance of your paper, you do not qualify.
- Unlike many Read and Publish deals, this agreement includes fully gold journals as well as hybrid titles.
- You are advised to use your institutional email address instead of your private email address, to enable the ACS to better identify you as eligible under the agreement. Give the organisation name, University of Westminster, on submission.
- This agreement covers the period 1 January 2022 – 31 December 2024.
Please see How to Publish Open Access for authors covered under an ACS Read and Publish Agreement for more detail.
You do not need to contact us to gain permission. Just follow the instructions and see your article published fully open.
Other publishers with similar agreements:
- Cambridge University Press: We have a similar agreement for CUP journals. Please see the CUP post for more detail.
- Elsevier: We have a similar agreement for Elsevier journals. Please see the Elsevier post for more detail.
- Public Library of Science (PLOS): an agreement is now in place, allowing Westminster authors to publish in the gold open access journals: PLOS ONE, PLOS Genetics, PLOS Computational Biology, PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, and PLOS Pathogens, without having to pay individual APCs. More details in the PLOS post.
- Sage: We have a similar agreement for Sage journals. Please see the Sage post for more detail.
- Springer Compact: We already have a similar agreement for some Springer journals. Please see the Springer post for more detail, and a link to a list of eligible titles.
- Taylor & Francis: We have a similar agreement for Wiley journals. Please see the Taylor & Francis post for more detail.
- Wiley: We have a similar agreement for Wiley journals. Please see the Wiley post for more detail.
A very limited fund is available to pay individual APC charges for some articles. Please see the recent blog post.
Any questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org