Online Assignment Submission FAQs (Students)
Before you submit any work please check the questions and answers below
Important *** Online Submission Checklist ***
Whichever assessment tool is being used, please:
- Read carefully any instructions provided by your Instructor on what you need to do to complete the particular assignment and how and when to submit your work.
- Know whether the submission point allows you to submit more than once, or if your first submission is final. If you are unable to submit, please first contact your instructor as the assessment links are created by them, before you log a ticket.
DEADLINE – Your submission needs to be completed before the deadline. It is important that you remember to upload your assignment in plenty of time as depending on your internet connection and broadband speed time for upload may verily, and you don’t want to upload your assignment late because of your internet connection.
DON’T leave everything to the last minute. Remember, being able to submit work or deliver projects on time requires time management skills. Most uploads are very fast, but depending on the size and type of the file, and or the internet connection and broadband bandwidth, upload times can vary, typically 2 minutes or up to 10 minutes in some cases.
Can I Submit An Assignment After The Due Date?
- Blackboard Assignment will allow you to submit an assignment after the due date if your lecturer created a Blackboard Assignment, and will notify your lecturer that it was a late submission. What this means in terms of your grade is governed by module policy.
- Turnitin might not allow you, depending on how the assignment was set up. Please contact your lecturer for more information.
I Have Submitted My Assignment, But My Lecturer Says That I Haven't?
- Please provide us with the module name or ID and the assignment name. We will then check and get back to you. How to contact us.
I Submitted The Wrong Coursework Assignment. What Should I Do?
- Please contact your module leader to inform them you made a wrong submission. Then, contact us. Your module leader will be contacted and they will decide how to proceed. Please keep in mind that this process might take some time and assignments have deadlines, so if you made a wrong submission, contact the Service Desk and your module leader as soon as possible.
I Can't I Find An Assignment, Test, Or A Course Content?
- In the first instance please check with your lecturer or module leader as they are managing the content within their modules.
- If the problem persists and the content has been published on the Blackboard module but you still cannot access it, please contact us.
What Is The Largest File Size Students Can Submit?
- Both Turnitin and Blackboard assignments accept file sizes up to 100 MB and 800 pages, however, your files should not exceed the 100 MB limit.
- If the Blackboard assignment is using the SafeAssign option, then the file size must be less than 10 MB for the similarity report to be generated. (if the file is larger than 10 MB, you can still submit although SafeAssign will not be able to process the file and generate the similarity report)
Online Group work
Video Submission using Panopto
What Is a Blackboard Assignment?
- The Blackboard Assignment is a tool built into Blackboard and offers assignment hand-in, online marking, delegated marking, and anonymous marking.
Blackboard Assignment File Requirements?
For detailed information, please visit the Blackboard help site.
Check: Was My Blackboard Submission Successful?
You can go back into the Assignment at any time and you will be able to see the files you have submitted. See how you can check.
Why Can't I Submit Work Via Blackboard Assignment?
There might be different reasons for this, depending on how your lecturer set up the assignment. Blackboard Assignment has a 100MB* file size upload limit. The assignment might also have been set up not to allow late submissions. Please contact your lecturer for clarification, or contact us.
What Is Turnitin?
Turnitin is a web-based plagiarism prevention system used by most universities in the UK. It is an online software program that searches a database of journals, past student work, and much of the Internet to find strings of text which match with a piece of a student’s work. When you submit a piece of work, and originality report is produced and your lecturer has access to it.
Turnitin File Requirements?
Please visit the link for Turnitin File Requirements.
Check: Was My Turnitin Submission Successful?
If you have tried to submit to Turnitin, but are not 100% sure that the submission was successful, go back to the assignment submission point and check your work is there. See how
Why Can't I Submit Work Via Turnitin Assignment?
There might be different reasons for this, depending on how your lecturer set up the assignment. The assignment might also have been set up not to allow late submissions. Please contact your lecturer for clarification, or contact us.
What is Turnitin Similarity Report?
Please click on this link for What is Turnitin Similarity report
Provisional Marks And Feedback
University of Westminster 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2UW General enquiries: +44 (0)20 7911 5000 Course enquiries: +44 (0)20 7915 5511 The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registration number: 977818 England